.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

-Through my eyes-

26 January 2005

Research Halt

Seems like research and developement on web has stopped. Meaning, we are stuck at html and that is it. I guess it's because of hacking and virus and all. Funny. MS introduces their own platform dependent ActiveX controls and now the latest XP SP2 does not allow ActiveX to run without explicit permission!

It makes observational as well as business sense to assert that MS withholds innovation and improvements in its products so that they could be part of the next upcoming releases. So they are stuck in the business model until web becomes so fast and secure that MS can simply rent its software to use.

But then the recent 'home theater' fad looks interesting. However, it does not contain enough value to be a major paradigm shift. I can play my mp3s on my TV. Humbug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home